Despite all our shortcomings and failures and sinful acts, past and present, God still chose us to be His children. That’s mind-blowing and it speaks to just how loving God is. We can talk about God’s elect and try to speculate who has been chosen and who hasn’t, but that would be a waste of time. The fact is, we need to preach the gospel to everyone because everyone needs Jesus, whether they choose to follow Him or not.
- Everybody needs to hear the gospel, no matter who they are. The down-and-outers need to hear Jesus, but guess what? So do the up-and-outers as well.
- The religious person needs the gospel as much as the pagan person. Just because you were raised in a Christian home or you have Christian parents, that doesn’t mean you are automatically a Christian yourself.
- We are like a lump of clay on the potter’s wheel. Are we going to be pliable and open or are we going to be resistant and sabotage God’s plans for our lives?
- There is our part and there is God’s part. It is God that works in me both to will and do of His good pleasure, but I need to work out my own salvation.
- Thanks to social media, we have never been more connected and disconnected at the same time.
- You can’t live off the faith of your parents, your spouse, or somebody else. You need your own relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Your heart can get hard in the place where it ought to be getting soft, such as in church. The same sun that softens the wax hardens the clay.
You’re on the potter’s wheel and He’s working and it’s coming together. I know things seem random at times, but trust that God’s plan for you is better than your plan for yourself. Remember, when you don’t understand what’s happening, to fall back on what you do understand.