Clint Eastwood was asked how he stays so active at his age. His response was simple: Don’t let the old man in.
I want to talk to you about not letting the old man into your life. I’m not speaking about age, however. I’m talking about that sinful nature that we all have.
- The Christian no longer has to be under the power of sin. Christ can break the cycle of sin in your life. The power of God over sin in your life is more powerful than Satan’s power ever was before you became a Christian.
- You’re no longer a slave, so stop acting like one. Jesus frees us from the power of sin—not just from the guilt, but from the grip of sin.
- You need to start living like you are free. Whether you feel it or not, start living like you are free from sin’s power.
- We need to yield ourselves to God. Use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.
- Where you turn your head your body will follow. You decide what thoughts are going to stay in your mind.
- Your body is the temple of God. We need to think about what we do with these bodies that God has given to us.
- It’s been said, you can’t stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can stop it from building a nest in your hair.
- If God is for us, who can be against us?
Let’s stand on what God says about us instead of what the devil says about us. Don’t let the old man in! It’s easier said than done, but recognize you’re not a slave to sin anymore. Start living like a child of God.