Why Did Jesus Die?
What is the single most important event in human history? Without question, it is the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. At the cross of Christ…
- God and humankind were reconciled.
- God’s righteous demands were satisfied.
- What was lost by humankind in the Garden of Eden was regained.
- Satan and his minions were dealt a crippling blow.
- Our salvation was purchased
We can never talk about Christ’s sacrifice on the cross too much, or contemplate it too often. Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper for this very reason, saying, “Do this in remembrance of me” (Luke 22:19).
- He died so that you could enter into a close fellowship with Him.
- He died so that you would no longer live an empty, lonely, purposeless life.
- He died so that you could be forgiven and free of an ever-present guilt.
- He died so that you could know that there is life beyond the grave in Heaven for you.
Never underestimate the priceless gift God gave you at the cross of Calvary.