The fear of COVID-19 might be worse than the virus itself. It is like a virus of fear has infiltrated America and the world. When you spread fear to friends, it is almost like spreading germs.
Do not be afraid. God is still in control. He is ruling from His throne in your life right now as you put your faith in Jesus Christ. The Bible says, “God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.”
- Be practical. We ought to avoid handshakes. We should wash our hands vigorously. Hey hoarders, how about sharing a little bit? Do the practical things using common sense.
- Be prayerful. In prayer, we stand in the gap and we say, “Save and preserve our country.” We are praying for anyone who has COVID-19, that they would have a rapid recovery. Pray for our medical professionals on the front lines. Pray for our president, vice-president, and the administration.
- Be proclaiming. Look for opportunities to share your faith. People are scared. People are alarmed. People are frightened. People have questions. We have answers. Engage them in a conversation about Jesus Christ and tell them how you as a believer have that peace that passes all understanding.
- Have perspective. Last time I checked, God was on the throne. Romans 8:28 is still in the Bible. If you are frightened, “don’t let your heart be troubled.” Jesus says, “You believe in God; believe also in Me.” He brought you this far and He is not going to abandon you. Jesus says, “Do not be afraid. Only believe.”
- Be prepared. The Bible says, “Prepare to meet your God.” Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people. Only those who are prepared to die are really ready to live.
- Turn your fear into faith. Turn your worry into worship. Turn your panic into prayer.
- The Bible says, “He is our shepherd. We are the sheep of His pasture.” Scripture tells us sheep are basically defenseless creatures. Sheep need the help of the shepherd. Depend upon Him.
- God is a Father who loves us. It is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
- God purchased your ticket for Heaven 2,000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross.
Our boat is in a storm right now but Jesus is aboard the boat. I would rather be in a storm with Jesus than anywhere else without Him. He is on board your boat. He is with you right now. He is in control of your life. He is your Shepherd. He is your King. He is your Father.