We need to recognize that time is passing quickly, and death gets closer each day. We want to be ready for that day when it comes. Today we look at the topic of death and I have an announcement to make: death died when Christ rose. In fact, Easter was the day that death died. Because Jesus died, we as Christians will never die spiritually, because Jesus is the resurrection and the life.
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, we will one day receive new bodies. Death does not have the final say, even over our bodies. Easter has the final say. Jesus rose in a real body in a real world in a real way. He spoke with a real voice. It was a real physical bodily resurrection.
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, our resurrection bodies will be much like His. 1 John 3 says, “It’s not been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He’s revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.”
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, our bodies will no longer age or get sick or break down. Disabilities, cancer, the effects of old age and disease—they will all be gone in Heaven!
- In Heaven, we’re not going to just sit around and sing worship songs. We’re going to be serving the Lord. We’re going to be working for the Lord. We’re going to be learning from the Lord. It’s going to be amazing.
- Will we know one another in Heaven? Of course! Do you think you’re going to be more stupid in Heaven then you are on earth? You’re going to know more in Heaven, not less.
Easter is not about pastel colors and eggs and brunches and all of that. That’s all fine, but that’s not what it’s about. It’s about Jesus wanting a relationship with you. It’s about having eternal life with Him in Heaven because of what He accomplished on the cross. Choose to live for Him.