Sometimes in life we feel like we can’t go on another step. We’ve reached our limits. But what keeps us going is if we have a purpose, if we have a goal. The Bible says that as we run the race of life, we should look unto Jesus. He’s the purpose and the goal that keeps us motivated to carry on.
- There will be times of great disappointment and discouragement in life. The disciples dealt with discouragement. When Jesus was betrayed and when Jesus was crucified, their hope was defeated and their dreams were destroyed and their faith was demolished.
- Contrast what you’re going through with what Jesus went through for you. If anyone understands abandonment, betrayal, and suffering, it is Jesus Christ.
- Like Jesus, we can endure because of “the joy that is set before us.” Jesus suffered agony because of His great love for you and me. And we can endure as we set our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
- The feeling of being let down is one of life’s toughest emotional experiences.
- Emotional pain is real.
- One day, we will hear Jesus say, “Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Lord.”
You should keep running your race for Jesus because Jesus ran His race for you. And Jesus Himself is watching you as you run your race. Keep your focus on Him.