Does God still speak to people today? Does God talk to us? Does God Almighty actually have a master plan for our lives? And if so, how do I discover it? How can I learn how to know the voice of God? How can I know the will of God?
We all need direction in life, so these are important questions to ask. Let’s see what Romans 12 has to tell us.
- Knowing God’s will begins with presenting your bodies as a living sacrifice. Give your whole being to God: your physical body, your personality, your past, present, and future, your mind, your words, your finances—everything.
- If you want to know God’s will, do not be conformed to this world. Don’t masquerade as if you really belong to the world. That would be patterning yourself inconsistently with who you really are.
- God’s will can be found in the pages of Scripture. God speaks to you through the Bible and that’s why you need to read the Bible every day and memorize it. God will never contradict what is written in Scripture.
- God will speak to you through certain circumstances. When you are in the will of God, circumstantially, things will come together. Doors will open or close.
- Some people think finding God’s will is really hard. They think He delights in hiding it from us. That’s not true.
- Some people think that God’s will must be something undesirable. But when you’re walking in God’s will, there’s joy. It’s when you’re not walking in God’s will that there’s misery.
- You can be a thermometer, reacting to the temperature of the world around you. Or you can be a thermostat, setting the spiritual temperature
- When you are in the will of God, you’ll have the peace of God.
If the request is wrong, God says no. If the timing is wrong, God says slow. If you are wrong, God says grow. But if the request is right and the timing is right and you are right, God says go. God’s way becomes clear when we start walking in it. He does speak, so we need to say, “Lord, teach me Your will.” And one of the best places to find God’s will is in the pages of the Bible.