I want to talk about the reason why Jesus was born in the manger all those Christmases ago. Why did Jesus come to this earth?
- Jesus was born in a stable in Bethlehem to save us from our sin. He declared this mission in the account of Zacchaeus, “The Son of Man has come to seek and save the lost.”
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem to bring life in all of its fullness. In John 10:10, Jesus said, “I have come that you might have life and that more abundantly.”
- Jesus was born in a manger in Bethlehem so we could become friends of God and find peace. The Bible says, “Our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies.”
- As a Friend, Jesus will always keep your confidence, always tell you the truth, and He’s always in your corner.
- Our friendship with God brings personal peace.
- The peace that God gives is a peace that passes all human understanding.
Spend some time thinking about some of the amazing things that God has done for you, outlined here in Romans 5: (1) You have peace with God. (2) You have free and open access to the presence of God. (3) You have the hope of glory. (4) You have God’s love toward you. (5) You will not face judgement. (6) You have joy in the Lord.