In today’s episode, Pastor Greg Laurie shares a message titled “The First Jesus Movement” at our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest at Home.
We can all agree that our world is a mess right now. The global instability and breakdown of families is a clear indication we are living in the last days; Bible prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes. It seems as if every time we turn around there is more wickedness and sin, so what do we do in times as dark as these? We need to pray for divine intervention.
1. Before you can change the world, you must first be changed.
- The disciple’s greatness was not because of who they were as individuals; it was because God put His hand on them.
- Jesus did not call these men who became apostles because they were great; they were great because Jesus called them!
- If you want people to follow Jesus, you must be an example of a follower of Him too.
2. The church had a job to do, and so do we.
- God wants us to be His witnesses too
- We are called to tell people about Jesus everywhere
3. We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and do what God calls us to do.
- The same power that was poured out on the day of Pentecost is available to us today!!
- Power to speak up for your faith
- Isaiah 5:20
- Acts 2:23-25
- Acts 17:6
- Acts 1:1-3
- 1 Corinthians 1:26-31
- 1 John 1:1
- 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Acts 1:7-8
- Acts 1:6-7
- Acts 1:8
- 2 Peter 3:9
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
Roar Like a Lion
Let’s give our kids and grandkids a new 90-day devotional from Levi Lusko that teaches kids to “roar like a lion” with courageous faith.Support today!