The crucifixion and the resurrection were a deliberate well-thought-out plan of God.
In our last message we talked about what the death of Jesus means to you. Now let’s talk about what the resurrection of Jesus Christ means to you.
- The resurrection of Jesus assures me I am accepted by God. Romans 4:45 says, “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.”
- The resurrection of Jesus assures me I have all the power I need to live the Christian life. Romans 8:11 says, “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”
- The resurrection of Jesus assures me that I too will live forever in Heaven. Death died when Christ rose. Because Jesus rose, I too will rise. Because Jesus died, I will never die.
- The resurrection of Jesus assures me that I will receive a new body just like His. Colossians 3:4 assures us with these words. “When Christ, who is our life, appears, you shall be like Him.”
- Because of the resurrection of Jesus, we will have resurrected relationships. “Since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.” (1 Thessalonians 4:14).
- Because Jesus died and rose again from the dead, we need to tell others. Mark 16:15: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to everyone…”
- The incarnation was for the purpose of the atonement. The birth of Jesus was so there would be the death of Jesus.
- It was a revolutionary thought to say to a first-century Jew that God was their Father. But that’s how Jesus taught us to think of Him.
- Because Jesus died and rose, there are so many blessings available to us: We are made acceptable to God. He gives us the power to live the Christian life. We know we will go to Heaven. We know will be reunited with loved ones. We know we will have new bodies given to us.
Go into all the world and preach the gospel. This is not just for the so-called professionals. Everyone should do it. The student should do it. The businessman should do it. The housewife should do it. No matter what you do or who you are, you’re commanded to go into all of your world and make disciples. This is the Great Commission.