Three o’clock in the morning, and all of a sudden, you’re awakened by some fear, some anxiety, some worry that grips you. And then you start playing that “what if” game. What if this happens? And what if that happens? You find yourself filled with deep fear, intense worry, and crippling anxiety. That’s what I want to talk about in this message.
- Fear, worry, and anxiety are a major problem. Reports indicate a significant increase in the number of Americans whose fears have moved into full-blown anxiety disorders and phobias.
- Jesus tells us to trust in Him. When you don’t understand what is happening, fall back on what you do understand. Trust Him.
- God is our Shepherd and we are His sheep. We don’t have to worry because He is in charge.
- God is our Father who loves us and cares for us. I can approach Him at any time with whatever is troubling me and He will listen.
- God can use the storms in our lives to conform us into His image. You might wish for trials and hardships to just go away, but God is using them to change you for the better.
- If you have a big God, you have relatively small problems; and if you have a big problem, do you realize how big your God actually is?
- Sometimes Jesus will come into the midst of your problem and stop it, and other times He’s just with you as you face your problem.
- When faith reigns, fear has no place. But when fear reigns, faith is driven away.
Maybe you’re filled with fear and anxiety and worry. You feel defeated. Maybe you are in the grip of some addiction. Maybe your marriage is unraveling. Or you’re dealing with some other problem. You need to call out to the Lord and remember that God is in control of your life. Rely on Him and know that He is working all things together for good in your life.