What the Lord’s Return Means to You
Today Pastor Greg Laurie shares with us a new sermon called “What the Lord’s Return Means to You” in a continuation of our series called “Walk this Way” from our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest At Home.
In James 5: 7-12 James urges us to persevere and be patient as we wait upon the Lord’s return. We must come together to support one another as we suffer through the patience of waiting and impeding judgment.
- It is not God’s desire to conceal but to reveal.
- Christ’s return should have a personal effect on us.
- God has given us all the power we need for a life of Godliness.
- Your life should be affected by what you believe!
- Be patient.
- Jesus’ reason for not returning quite yet is, He is waiting for more people to believe.
- Stand in unity with fellow Christians.
- To grumble about each other means, “to groan within oneself,” which describes a person who has a bitter attitude.
- Never knock down another to build yourself up!
- Be aware of the afterlife.
- Christians will face future judgement.
- The Judgement Seat of Christ will be like an awards ceremony.
- Be courageous.
- Stephen had courage because his eyes were on Jesus and the next life!
- Be trusting.
- Job did not curse God; he worshipped God.
- Job has given us an example of trusting God in times of uncertainty.
- James 5: 7-12
- Revelation 1:3
- 1 John 3:2
- Romans 13:11-13
- 2 Peter 3:9
- 2 Corinthians 5:10
- Acts 7:55–56
- Job 1:20
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today and we will thank you by sending you The Marriage DevotionalSupport today!