To walk with God means you are going in the same direction as He is. The Bible in Ephesians says “Walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us.” Love is more important to a Christian than any spiritual gift they may have. The greatest ability is dependability. The Bible tells us to “run with endurance the race that is set before us.” What we really need is determination and staying power.
Real love is shown in what it does. If you do not have love as a Christian, you are effectively a failure, would someone who knows you describe you as being on fire for Christ?
- Our love should be real, not fake.
- If we really love God and others, we will hate evil.
- If I love what God loves, I will, in turn, hate what God hates.
- If we really love God and others, we will not be slackers.
- If we really love God and others, we will be on fire for Christ!
- Ephesians 5:2
- 1 Corinthians 13:2
- 1 John 3:18
- 1 John 3:14
- Romans 12:9–12
- Psalm 97:10
- 1 Thessalonians 5:21
- John 13:35
- Romans 12