What Is God Like?
Today, on Harvest At Home, Pastor Greg Laurie will be sharing a new message titled “What Is God Like?“
Just as King David was actively looking for ways to show kindness to Mephibosheth for the sake of his friend Jonathan—God wants to shower us with kindness because of Jesus.
- The Bible refers to the Almighty as “Father”
- The New Testament picture of God is as a loving father
- God the Father longs for fellowship with us
- The Old Testament is a beautiful picture of a loving God
- After David was selected by God, his troubles began. The same can be true for us.
- David was willing to forgive his enemies
- The word kindness means “grace”
- Just as David reached out to Mephibosheth, God reaches out to us!
- This is a picture of what God is like: David, like Jesus, showed forgiveness and love instead of judgment
- 1. Never let other people form your view of God.
- 2. Forgive your enemies, whether they deserve it or not.
- 3. Leave the past in the past
- 2 Samuel 9
- Psalm 27:4