In today’s episode, Pastor Greg Laurie shares a message titled “What I Would Tell My Younger Self” at our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest at Home. For more information on Harvest + Greg Laurie TV, click here.
Have you ever stopped to think about what you would tell your younger self? There are obvious answers like “make sure you brush your teeth” or “don’t forget to apply sunscreen” but today Pastor Greg dives deeper with a biblical message directed to todays youth.
1. Whatever you’re going through remember, it’s going to be okay.
– God has his hand on your life.
– What you’re going through isn’t to destroy you, but to develop you.
– God has a special plan for your life.
– God’s plan and purpose for you is good!
2. Put God first in everything.
– “He will supply your needs according to His riches in glory” Philippians 4:19
– Put God first in every aspect of your life and He will provide.
3. Read the Bible every day.
– You need the Word of God in your life.
– Success or failure in the Christian life is determined by how much of the Bible you get into your life and how obedient you are to it.
4. Stop worrying and start praying.
– Give your worries to God.
– God is in control of your life.
5. Have an attitude of gratitude.
– Job thanked God despite his difficulties.
– Instead of complaining, spend more time rejoicing and thanking God.
6. Live with honesty and Integrity.
– Character over charisma
– Psalm 101:2
7. Marry the right person.
– Find someone Godlier than you.
– Wedlock should be a padlock
8. Tell those you love that you love them.
– You will have a last conversation with the people you love, and you may not always know when that will be.
9. Keep short accounts and forgive
– Forgiveness is not about absolving the perpetrator; it’s about healing the victim.
– Ephesians 4:32
10. Be a nice person.
– Lift people up, don’t beat them down.
– You are not better than anyone else. Have respect for others even if you disagree.
11. Have fun.
– Find the simple joys in life wherever you can.
– Don’t be in such a rush to do the next thing, live in the moment and enjoy it.
12. Be a generous person.
– Be a giver, not a taker.
– Three things we can give to God: our time, our talent, and our treasure.
13. Take care of your health.
– God gave us this human body, take care of it!
14. Make the right choices.
– Every day we choose whether we will obey or disobey God.
– You make your choices, and then your choices make you.
15. Tell others about Jesus and disciple them.
– This is the great commission and what we are all called to do.
16. Spend time with older Godly people.
– If you are older, spend time with younger Godly people!
17. Finish your race well!
– “Hold the course!” – Pastor Chuck Smith
– Come to or come back to Jesus right now, it’s not too late.
- 2 Timothy 4
- 2 Corinthians 1:4
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Matthew 6:33
- Philippians 4:19
- 2 Timothy 2:15
- Philippians 4:6-7
- 1 Peter 5:7
- Psalm 101:2
- Ephesians 4:32
- Ephesians 4:31
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
A thank-you for your gift this month
Donate to Harvest today and we will thank you with a copy of Revelation: A Book of Promises.Support now