This certainly is not a feel-good chapter. It will challenge, convict, correct, and instruct. And we will pray you will be too. There is a lot in this chapter to dissect and digest and we need to appropriately respond to all the commands laid out in Romans 12, we all need a determined will to obey the Lord no matter what it costs us and no matter how we feel.
The Dedication of Our Body (v.1)
- Romans 3:10 No one is righteous; not even one.
- Romans 3:23 All have sinned.
- Romans 5:12 Sin entered the world through one man, and death came to all.
- Romans 6:23 Sin brings death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 5:8 God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were
- still sinners.
- Romans 10:9–10 If you openly confess Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Romans 10:13 Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Romans 5:1 Being justified by faith, we have peace with God.
- Romans 8:1 There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
- Romans 8:38–39 Nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord!
When your life is fully surrendered to Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice, you will leave His handprint on everything that you touch.
The Transformation of Our Mind
If we don’t fill our mind with the Word, it’s going to fill up fast with the world!
“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:4–9
“The only way to have a biblical worldview is by studying and memorizing Scripture and spending time in it every day. Don’t go with your heart, because your heart can mislead you. Don’t go with your emotions, because your emotions can mislead you. And certainly don’t go with the culture, because that will mislead you. Go with the Bible. It will never take you in the wrong direction. Learn to think biblically.” —Greg Laurie
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.”
The Evaluation of Ourselves
“For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
The Administration of Our Gifts
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
“There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all”
“Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
“There is some task which the God of all the Universe, the Great Creator, your Redeemer in Jesus Christ has for you to do–and which will remain undone and incomplete until, by faith and obedience, you step into the will of God.” —Alan Redpath
The Demonstration of Our Love
- Stay committed to your DEDICATION.
- Make time for your TRANSFORMATION.
- Don’t disregard your EVALUATION.
- Be obedient in your ADMINISTRATION.
- Be relentless in your DEMONSTRATION.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4–7
- James 4:17
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Romans 12:4–8
- 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, 27–31
- 1 Peter 4:10–11
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Drawing from the expertise of rock star Alice Cooper, baseball legend Darryl Strawberry, and others, Fame: Fortunes, Failure and Faith reveals how only Jesus can bring the satisfaction that fame-chasers truly desire.Support today!