“We should proclaim, advocate, and recommend the gospel of Jesus Christ because we are loved, chosen, protected, provided, and blessed by God.”
Pastor Greg Laurie shares his Sunday message “Too Good to Keep to Yourself” at Harvest Christian Fellowship. Watch the sermon as he explains the importance of communicating the good news of the gospel with those we encounter, know, and love.
The number one fear of most people is public speaking.
“There are two types of speakers: Those who get nervous and those who are liars.” —Mark Twain
The Biblical definition of an evangelist is a bringer of good news. 95% of all Christians have never led another person to Christ. We don’t need to elevate our voice when we bring the Good News.
The best thing to do in life, for here and eternity, is believing in Jesus. Maybe before we talk about sharing our faith, we need to understand it better.
- 1. God causes all things to work together for good to those that love Him.
- 2. Salvation makes you invincible.
God is for you, even when others are against you.
- Romans 8:31–34 (NLT)
- 2 Timothy 3:12
Romans 8:31 could be translated, “Since God is for you…” instead of “if.”
- 3. God will give you the things you need when you need them. (Romans 8:32)
God proved His love for you by sending His own Son to die for you.
- 4. Jesus Christ is interceding for you right now. (Romans 8:34)
Jesus is interceding and praying for you!
- 5. Not only is Jesus Christ interceding for you, but the Holy Spirit is also too!(Romans 8:26)
If God gave His best, why worry? If God has declared us righteous, why feel guilty or unforgiven? (Romans 8:34) Christ died for you and has forgiven and justified you!
- 6. Nothing or no one will ever separate us from the love of God. (Romans 8:38–39)
- Nothing in human experience can separate us from God’s love. (Romans 8:38)
- Nothing in the spiritual realm can separate us from God’s love. (Romans 8:38)
- Nothing in time, future, or past will separate us from God’s love.
- Nothing in all creation will separate us from God’s love.
Paul is willing to go to Hell if others could go to Heaven. (Romans 9:1–3 (NLT))
“Please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written!”
- Exodus 32:32
- 2 Timothy 2:26
Effective sharing of one’s faith starts with a concern and a burden.
“He was deeply troubled by all the idols.”
- Acts 17:16 (NLT)
Jesus got mad when He drove out the moneychangers. Are you a bridge or a barrier to people coming to Jesus Christ? Stop cursing the darkness and turn on the light!
We should proclaim, advocate, and recommend the gospel of Jesus Christ because we are loved, chosen, protected, provided, and blessed by God.
- 2 Kings 7:9
The most loving thing you can do is tell someone about Jesus.
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
A thank-you for your gift this month
Donate to Harvest today and we will thank you with a copy of Revelation: A Book of Promises.Support now