Things Jesus Never Said
Today Pastor Greg Laurie shares his new sermon called “Things Jesus Never Said” in our continued series called “Walk this Way” from our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest At Home.
Wisdom has may different definitions and forms, however, God’s Wisdom is infinite and unwavering. In todays message, Pastor Greg share some common misconceptions about what some believe to be true in Scripture, and how to correct them.
- God is angry with me and wants to ruin my life.
- God loves me and accepts me as I am (this is the opposite of the first one and is also wrong in a different way).
- God does love you and accepts you as you are, but He does not want to leave you that way!
- Follow your heart.
- Do not follow your heart; follow God’s heart (in other words, His Will).
- Trust your gut.
- The problem with trusting your gut is when selfishness is the motivating factor.
- Instead of trusting our gut, we should trust in the Lord.
- We need to learn to love ourselves.
- The real problem is, we love ourselves too much.
- You deserve to be happy.
- God wants us to follow our dreams.
- God loves you and His plan for you is better than your plan.
- We need to live our lives God’s way, not the way of the world.
- Wisdom is known by its good fruit.
- God’s wisdom is pure (moral purity).
- If I live a good life, I will go to Heaven.
- There will be bad people in Heaven.
- There will be good people in Hell.
It is not enough to know about God; we need to know God.
- James 3
- Jeremiah 31:3
- Jeremiah 17:9
- Ezekiel 36:26
- Proverbs 16:25
- Luke 11:28
- Psalm 147:4
- James 3:13–16
- James 3:17–18
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today, and we will thank you by sending you a copy of the Jesus Revolution DVD with streaming code and bonus content.Support today!