Today, on Harvest At Home, Pastor Greg Laurie will be sharing a message titled “The Man After God’s Own Heart” from his new series, “House of David.”
David is the only man to be called “a man after God’s own heart.” Looking at David’s story, the real message is not the greatness of David but the greatness and love of God, who gave David a second chance.
1. God uses ordinary people
- Saul was attractive on the outside, but inside he was vain, shallow, and devoid of true integrity.
- Man looks at the outward; God looks on the inward.
- A man once said to D.L. Moody, “Moody, the world has yet to see what God can do with and in and through the man who is wholly dedicated to Him.”
2. God is looking for truly spiritual people.
- David was not only practical; he was also deeply committed to God
3. David was a faithful man.
- Just because God has called you to be a leader that does not mean you are ready
- Just as David both provided for and defended those sheep, God did the same for him
- David longed for closeness to God
- David was not perfect; he was very flawed
- God wants to give you a second chance
- 1 Samuel 16
- Ezekiel 22:30
- Psalm 27:4
- Psalm 57:7
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Drawing from the expertise of rock star Alice Cooper, baseball legend Darryl Strawberry, and others, Fame: Fortunes, Failure and Faith reveals how only Jesus can bring the satisfaction that fame-chasers truly desire.Support today!