The Best Is Yet to Come!
This week Pastor Greg Laurie begins our new series called The 7 Signs of Jesus with a message called “The Best Is Yet to Come!” Throughout the Book of John Jesus performed many miracles, but he saved the best for last.
Have you ever asked God for a sign?
Jesus was asked for signs.
Jesus gave the sign the Pharisees and Sadducees asked for; they just did not like it and asked for more.
The Great “I Am” Statements of Christ:
- I Am the Bread of Life – John 6.
- I Am the Light of the World – John 8.
- I Am the Door of the Sheep – John 10.
- I Am the Good Shepherd – John 10.
- I Am the Resurrection and the Life – John 11:25.
- I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life – John 14:6.
7 Signs that Prove Jesus is the Messiah:
- Turning water into wine.
- Cleansing the temple – John 2:13–22.
- Healing the centurion’s son – John 4:46–54.
- Healing the lame man in Jerusalem – John 5:1–15.
- Feeding the 5,000 – John 6:1–15.
- Healing the man who was born blind – John 9.
- Raising Lazarus from the dead – John 11.
Jesus was preparing them for the ultimate sign … His death and resurrection from the dead.
Jesus did not tell them what would happen; He just told them to do it.
Faith is not just intellectual ascent; it’s action!
Faith is the means by which the infirmity of man takes hold of the infinity of God.
For the nonbeliever, the worst is yet to come, and this life is as good as it gets.
For the believer, this life is as bad as it gets.
The worst is yet to come because the Bible promises a future judgement.
- John 2: 1-11
- Colossians 4:5–6
- 1 Corinthians 9:20–22
- John 7:30
- 2 Corinthians 12:2–4
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today, and we will thank you by sending you a copy of the Jesus Revolution DVD with streaming code and bonus content.Support today!