Did you know that we all have the choice every day, about whether we will sit at Jesus feet or not? Every time we read of Mary, she is at the feet of Jesus. Mary chose what was better—and, we all have that choice each and every day as well! When you choose what is better, you make the best choice.
Did you know that Mary broke open this box of very expensive perfume? This was an act of complete devotion and abandon! What is the most valuable physical possession you own? Would you be willing to give it to Jesus? This was never about stuff; it was about his heart. Can people tell you have been with Jesus? What was it that brought this love and sacrifice from Mary? It was Jesus Himself!
- Mary had a perception no one else seemed to have.
- Not everyone appreciated Mary’s generosity and sacrifice.
- Mary did what she could because she understood that Jesus would do what He did.
- Mary did what she could . . . we must do what we can.
- You can’t do everything, but you can do something.
- Mark 14
- Mark 14:9
- Matthew 13:2
- Luke 12:1
- Acts 4:13
- Mark 14:4–5
- John 12:6