It is very easy to only want to give thanks when you feel like it, but according to Scripture, giving thanks is something the believer is to do regardless of circumstances. This Thanksgiving, we must be thankful for the things that we have but also for the things that God has in store for us!
1. To give thanks, I must first realize as a Christian, God is in control of my life.
– “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
– God is sovereign and able to do what He pleases with whomever He chooses whenever He wishes.
2. To give thanks, I must realize God loves me and is always looking out for my eternal benefit.
– When God takes the events of our lives, the good things and the bad things and puts them in the oven of adversity, we will say “that is good.”
3. To give thanks, I must realize God is far wiser than I am.
– What is immediately good is not always eternally good.
– What is eternally good is not always immediately good but painful.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Psalm 106:1
- Philippians 4:4-6
- Job 1:21
- Colossians 3:17
- Hebrews 13:15
- Psalm 29:2
- Luke 17:15-16
- Proverbs 16:9
- Jeremiah 10:23
- Psalm 115:3
- Romans 8:28
- Psalm 119:91
- 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
- Acts 16: 23-31
- Psalm 48:8
- Revelation 5:12
- Psalm 73:16
- Romans 8:38-39
- Hebrews 13:5
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
Roar Like a Lion
Let’s give our kids and grandkids a new 90-day devotional from Levi Lusko that teaches kids to “roar like a lion” with courageous faith.Support today!