Talk This Way
Today Pastor Greg Laurie shares his new sermon called “Talk This Way” in our continued series called “Walk this Way” from our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest At Home.
Words have tremendous power they can build people up and tear people down. Words of encouragement can completely change someone’s outlook on life, while on the same note, more people have died by words than any weapon ever created. We all need to watch what we say to others.
- What you say reveals who you are.
- The control of the tongue is a barometer of Christian maturity.
- The first sin committed after the fall was a sin of the tongue.
- We need to control what we say.
- James is telling us that the uncontrolled tongue has a direct pipeline to Hell.
- Our words used right can do so much good.
- Our words used wrong can do so much damage.
- Controlling your words is a sign of spiritual maturity.
- The greatest use of our words is to proclaim God’s Word.
- When you speak for God, take it very seriously!
- Use your words to build up, not tear down.
- Use your words to praise God, because this is the highest and greatest use of our tongue.
- It’s not enough to think it; you need to say it out loud!
- Use your words to preach the gospel, because this is God’s primary way of reaching nonbelievers.
- Use your words to confess your sins.
- You can think it, but you need to say it out loud … I have sinned.
- James 3:1–12
- Proverbs 18:21
- Matthew 12:36–37
- Genesis 3:12
- Proverbs 26:22
- 1 Timothy 3:1
- 1 Peter 4:11
- Daniel 9:4–5
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today and we will thank you by sending you The Marriage DevotionalSupport today!