The best way to share your faith is to start with your story. The best way to not go backwards is to go forward! When you make a stand in your home, workplace, or neighborhood for Jesus, people will hold you to a higher standard. You have a testimony! That can be broken down to three things Your Life Before Christ, How You Came to Christ, Your Life after You Came to Christ.
The gospel is more important than our programs, more important than our preferences, more important than our priorities, and more important than our politics. The primary way people believe the message is by us articulating it. God has chosen to reach people through people. The word gospel means, “Good news.” Being an evangelist is a gift more people have than they may realize.
- Don’t use “Christianese.”
- Don’t glorify or exaggerate your past.
- Don’t make your past sound more appealing than your present.
- Your past: you were empty, lonely, guilty, and afraid to die.
- Don’t boast about what you gave up for Him, but what He gave up for you!
- When you tell your story, it’s not about you, but Him. (Don’t go overly long in telling your story).
- Your story is a bridge, not the destination.
- Acts 26
- Revelation 12:11
- John 4:39
- Acts 26:9, 11
- Acts 26:12–14
- Acts 26:19–20
- Acts 26:22–23
- 1 Corinthians 1:21
Number of Ways to Help with SoCal Harvest:
- Help tear down the stage.
- Serve and usher.
- A 10-minute friend.
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
From the deadliest creatures on earth, to spider rain in Australia, each devotion looks at really cool stuff from our world that will get kids thinking about the greatness of GodSupport now