Just a Moment
Today Pastor Greg Laurie shares with us a new sermon called “Just a Moment” in a continuation of our series called “Walk this Way” from our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest At Home.
James emphasizes the brevity of the life and the importance of living in God’s will. God always has perfect timing when he allows things to happen in your life, you must be receptive when he does.
- Life is short. Live it well.
- We should plan for the future but remember to put God’s will first.
- James is not saying we need to always say, “If the Lord wills. ”Rather, it is the idea to remember that God may change or alter our plans.
- Many Christians are afraid of God’s will for their life.
- Obedience to revealed truth guarantees guidance in matters unrevealed.
- God wants you to be filled with the Holy Spirit every day.
- God wants you to be holy and sexually pure.
- God calls each and every one of us to pray and give thanks.
- Be patient and wait for the will of God to be shown to you. Never be afraid to entrust an unknown future to a known God.
- Come to God and say, “Father, here is my life that You gave to me.”
- We need to give God the glory for our life and health.
- The sin of commission is doing what we should not do. The sin of omission is not doing what we should do.
- God wants you to discover what your gifts are and to use them.
- James 4
- Job 14:1
- Job 9:25—26
- Proverbs 6:6—8
- Romans 12:11
- Ephesians 5:17
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3—4
- Deuteronomy 8:18
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today and we will thank you by sending you The Marriage DevotionalSupport today!