It’s not always a bad thing to complain to God. Pray when you are happy; pray when you are sad; pray when you are confused. Prayer can dramatically change situations, people, and even the course of nature. The thing prayer changes most is, you. When we pray, we are acknowledging our weakness and need for God’s help. Jesus was acknowledging that prayer is something you can learn.
God Almighty, the Creator of all things, is your Father. If you want to know what kind of Father we have in Heaven, just look at Jesus! “He that has seen Me has seen the Father.” In prayer, it is great to just contemplate the greatness and awesomeness of God.
- You have complete access to the Creator of the universe through prayer.
- We are taught by Jesus to pray with other believers.
- Prayer is getting God’s Will on earth, not my will in Heaven.
- God wants us to bring our needs before Him each and every day.
- God wants us to ask for and extend forgiveness to others.
- We cannot overcome the devil in our own strength.
We are praying, “Lord, don’t allow me to walk into a situation that would overwhelm me and cause me to sin. “Our problem is we purposely walk into situations where we can be tempted. We just need to pray about everything. “Men ought to pray always and never give up!”
- James 5:13
- Hebrews 5:7
- Matthew 6:9–13
- Matthew 6:9
- John 14:9
- Matthew 6:10
- Matthew 6:10
- Luke 17:21
- Matthew 6:11
- Matthew 6:12
- Luke 18:1
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
More than 10 million copies of the New Believer’s Bible have been put into the hands of people who want to understand what it means to follow Jesus!Give Now