In this webcast, Pastor Greg Laurie shares a message from Matthew 6 and Philippians 4 titled “God’s Answer to Fear, Worry, and Anxiety, Part 3” in our “Sunday Morning” series at Harvest Christian Fellowship.
Did you know that Worry and anxiety can lead to deep depression? The Bible says in Proverbs 12:25, “Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression.” The English word worry comes from an old German word meaning, “to choke.” Worry is never of any value; it never helps, it always hurts! “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” Nothing touches us that has not first passed through the loving hands of Jesus Christ.
Life is a gift from God, and each day is an opportunity to serve Him and get to know him better! Worry may shorten your life or, at least, make it more miserable. Seek God’s Kingdom before everything else. Prayer is the way by which God helps us to overcome our anxiety and not worry. Nothing is too big or too small to bring to God in prayer.
- The believer should not worry
- Birds don’t worry, so why should we?
- Flowers don’t worry, so why should we?
- Worry does not make life longer; it just makes it more miserable.
- Worry is an indication of a lack of faith.
- We grow in faith by what we are doing right now—studying and believing God’s Word.
- Trade your worry for worship.
- When I put God and His kingdom first, my life will find its proper balance.
- Turn your panic into prayer!
- Replace thoughts of anxiety, worry, and panic with godly thoughts.
- Philippians 4
- Matthew 6
- Proverbs 12:25
- Matthew 6:26
- Matthew 6:28–29
- Matthew 6:27
- Matthew 6:30
- Romans 10:17
- Philippians 4:6
- Daniel 6:10
- Isaiah 26:3
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Sinners thought Johnny Cash was a saint, and saints thought he was a sinner. The reality is, he was both—just like you and me. Read about Johnny’s intriguing spiritual life in my new book.Give Here