When Jesus died on the cross He conquered sin. When Jesus rose again from the dead He defeated death. Death can be scary, only those who are prepared to die are really ready to live. Death died when Christ rose! Because Jesus died, I as a Christian will never die. Easter was the death of death because of this death is not the end of the road; it is only a bend in the road and that road winds through the paths that Jesus Himself has gone. It’s hard for us to imagine how tragic the death of Jesus was to the disciples. Their hope had been defeated. Their dreams had been destroyed. Their faith had been demolished.
What Do We Know About the Resurrected Body of Jesus?
- He was recognizable, including the scars from the crucifixion.
- It did not have normal limitations—He was able to appear and disappear at will.
- He ate food.
What will our resurrected bodies be like?
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, I will one day receive a new body.
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, our new glorified bodies will be much like His.
- We will “know fully” even as we are known.
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, our bodies will no longer age, get sick, or break down.
- Because of Jesus’ resurrection, we will have resurrected relationships.
- Because of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, there will be a final judgment.
At the cross, Jesus took on Himself the judgment you and I should face. Heaven is not for good people; it’s for forgiven people. The last thing God wants is for you to face judgment.
- Realize that you are a sinner.
- Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sin.
- Repent of your sin.
- Receive Jesus Christ into your life.
- Do it publically.
- Do it now!
- John 21:3–14
- John 21
- John 21:12
- 1 John 3:2
- Matthew 8:11
- 1 Corinthians 13:12
- Acts 17:31
- Hebrews 9:27
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
My new book was written with nonbelievers in mind. In addition to telling the story of Johnny Cash’s life, it presents the gospel clearly. Get a copy of Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon to give away as an evangelism tool this September.Give here