In today’s webcast, Pastor Greg Laurie shares a message titled “Better Together” at our Sunday Morning Service for Harvest at Home.
In today’s society, despite having online connections, we are more disconnected than ever before. Social media and other online outlets have taken priority in the lives of many teens and adults alike, resulting in some of the highest numbers of suicidal thoughts, depression, and loneliness that America has ever seen. Today’s reading will be in Acts 2 and we will be discussing the importance of the togetherness of the Church.
Scripture Reading: Acts 2:42-47
1. They were a learning Church.
- If you want to be a strong Church and Christian, spend every day in scripture.
- Know God and make Him known!
- Not only do we need strong preaching, but we also need strong listening.
2. They were a loving Church.
- The Lord likes it when we talk about Him to other people.
- You have been blessed to be a blessing to others.
- The stronger your vertical fellowship is the stronger your horizontal fellowship will be.
3. They were a worshiping Church
- From Genesis to revelation, our faith is one of worship.
- If a nonbeliever were to watch your everyday life, would they want to know more about Jesus or less?
- When we come to God in prayer and worship, we see things correctly.
- “The sovereignty of God is the pillow upon which the child of God rests his head at night, giving perfect peace.” —Charles Spurgeon
4. They were an evangelistic Church.
- There was a constant flow of new believers coming into the Church.
- The Great Commission is given to all, not just preachers.
- Genesis 2:18
- Proverbs 27:17
- Ecclesiastes 4:19
- Acts 2:42-47
- 2 Timothy 4:2-3
- 1 Peter 2:2
- Malachi 3:16
- Mark 10:44-45
- Revelation 15:2-3
- Hebrews 13:15
- Psalm 73:16