Believing Is Seeing
This week Pastor Greg Laurie continues our series 7 Signs of Jesus with a message called “Believing is Seeing.” Join us in our study of Jesus’ healing the blind man in John 9.
Bad things happen because we live in a fallen world.
The blind man saw what the purpose of life was.
Read: John 9:1–7
- Turning water into wine.
- Cleansing the temple (John 2:13–22).
- Healing the nobleman’s son (John 4:46–54).
- Healing the lame man in Jerusalem (John 5:1–15).
- The feeding of the 5,000.
- The healing of the blind man.
These signs were given that nonbelievers might believe and that believers would keep on believing.
- Why does God allow suffering?
- Bad things happen because we live in a fallen world.
- Had Adam and Eve never sinned, the curse of sin would not have come as a result.
- Man is responsible for sin, not God!
- Though life can be bad, God is good.
- Sometimes Jesus merely spoke, and the person was healed.
- Sometimes Jesus physically touched people.
- God has no limitations as to what and who He will use.
- He used a stick in the hand of Moses to part the Red Sea.
- He used pitches and torches in the hands of Gideon and his men.
- He used trumpets blowing to bring down the walls of Jericho.
- He used five barley loaves and two small fish to feed 5,000 people and more.
- Why does God use broken flawed people like us?
- There is God’s part, and there is our part.
- God generally leads us one step at a time, just take the first step.
- When opportunity knocks, don’t sit there complaining about the noise!
- Jesus changes everything.
- Following Jesus will cost you.
- Though it is true it will cost you to follow Jesus, it is also true that it will cost you more not to!
- We need to tell others about what Jesus has done for us.
- If you walk with Jesus Christ as you ought to, you will find many new friends.
- Either you are going to have harmony with God and friction with people; or you will have harmony with people and friction with God.
- New believers need older believers to stabilize them.
- Old believers need new believers to energize them.
- Your personal testimony is one of the most powerful tools you have.
- Your faith grows stronger when you share.
- If you stand up for Jesus, He will stand up for you!
We say, “Show me, and I’ll believe.”
God says, “Believe, and I’ll show you!”
- John 9:2
- Romans 5:12
- John 9:3–4
- Matthew 9:6
- Matthew 8:15
- 1 Corinthians 1:27, 29
- John 9:7
- John 9:10–12
- John 9:24–25
- John 9:35
Did you pray with Pastor Greg?
To help you get started, we would love to send you a free Bible and other resources to help you grow in your faith.Get Resources
In thanks for your gift . . .
Donate to Harvest today, and we will thank you by sending you a copy of the Jesus Revolution DVD with streaming code and bonus content.Support today!